WHO ARE WE?
IXDS is a collective of designers, technologists, researchers and entrepreneurs in Berlin and Munich. Collectively, we work towards a shared purpose: To create desirable and lasting impact by empowering individuals, teams, and businesses.
With a unique set of tools and methods, we uncover relevant user and market insights and leverage the best of existing technology to transform these insights into desirable product and service experiences. We work across the digital and analogue to create an enduring impact on organizations and people: Every day, we are getting our heads around how people will live their lives in the future – in smart homes or when they shop, how they manage their health intelligently or get from A to B in a seamless way, how they collaborate and live together in totally new formats. We think about how companies can offer smarter services to their clients and employees, finding smarter ways to manufacture and distribute goods. And we love to prototype this future, day by day: By continuously delivering reference experience prototypes we accelerate the invention and market readiness of meaningful products and services.
WHAT YOU OFFER
- You are a passionate and motivated Technologist with a deep appreciation for all forms of design. Ideally, you have experience in a multitude of technologies and can reflect on their strength and weaknesses.
- You can talk nerdy and business. You not only understand technology but can argue why the technology is the right fit for the project and the client.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in an agency setting as Creative Technologist, Design Engineer or a similar role and you know how to lead and support your team.
You either cover our Physical or Digital skillset or are a solid hybrid of both:
#Physical Creative Technology
- You’re a hands-on person who can quickly come up with prototypes, combining electrical functionality and basic model building (paper/cardboard/hotglue, wood, lasercut/3d printed for volumes) .
- You’re an experienced tinkerer when it comes to Micro-controllers/-processors such as Arduino or Raspberry Pi.
- You have some experience in designing PCBs, if not you’re curious to learn it.
#Digital Creative Technology
- You’re a hands-on person who can quickly come up with prototypes using FramerJS, web development tools or Unity.
- Ideally, you mastered working at different fidelities: from building a quick and dirty hack to well-structured and architected code. And you know when to choose which.
Please send your application, including a persuasive portfolio and CV, links to prior work and salary expectations (80%) to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate.